Make a Gift in 3 Easy Steps
Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their wills or estates. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Commercial annuities
It only takes three simple steps to make this type of gift. Here's how to name The Conservancy of Southwest Florida as a beneficiary:
- Contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
An Example of How It Works
Robert and Carol treasure the financial help they've been able to give their children and charitable organizations over the years. The couple is considering an update to their will to leave stocks and real estate to their kids. They are considering leaving the Conservancy a $75,000 IRA to be transferred following their lifetime. Because the Conservancy is tax-exempt, all $75,000 would help support our mission.
If Robert and Carol leave the IRA to their children, approximately $18,000* would go to pay federal income taxes-leaving only $57,000 for their family's use. Robert and Carol would be happy knowing they are making the most of their hard-earned money with their updated estate plan.
*Based on an assumption of a 24 percent marginal income tax bracket.
Download our FREE guide Beneficiary Designations: The 3 Easiest Ways to Leave Your Legacy.View My Guide
Make Sure You Have a Plan for All Your AssetsDownload My FREE Personal Estate Planning Kit
- Contact Aaron Lapp at 239-403-4222 or AaronL@conservancy.org for additional information on beneficiary designations and how they can help support the Conservancy with our mission.
- Talk to your financial or legal advisor to learn which assets will or will not trigger taxable income when paid to a beneficiary.
- If you name the Conservancy in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: Conservancy of Southwest Florida
Location: Naples, FL
Federal Tax ID Number: 59-1157084